As a wellness blogger, I share my journey to living a happier, healthier life. Everything that I’m learning, along with my triumphs and tribulations, I share here in hopes that I may positively impact at least one person. To know that I have been successful in that is glorious recognition. I know because Sarah Hawkins Miduski (@obligatraveler), aka The Obligatory Traveler nominated me for a “One Lovely Blog Award.” She has this to say about my site:
“Jess’s blog is one of my favorite, inspiring blogs. She posts on staying healthy physically, mentally, and spiritually. Jess keeps me grounded, especially when I start to feel self-conscious about my appearance compared to other travel bloggers and vloggers. My hair will always frizz in humidity, my body will never be bikini worthy, and my Lupus causes me to have skin issues. Jess reminds us as women to embrace the things that make us beautiful.”
Reading that mine is one of Sarah’s favorite blogs was my happiest moment yesterday. Sarah is a wonderful person whose enthusiasm for life and adventure is contagious and inspiring! She radiates excitement and joy and has tremendous passion for the things in life, like travel, Harry Potter and ice cream (lots and lots of ice cream) that make her happy. It is this passion and authentic joy that lives within her that makes her shine. I am thrilled to have helped her remember to embrace that which makes her beautiful.
Despite having three chronic illnesses and the different challenges each condition brings, Sarah keeps traveling and living life to the fullest. She writes mainly about travel, books, and ice cream. Be sure to check out Obligatory Traveler for a dose of inspiration!
So now I’m going to share the love(ly). The rules are:
- Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog
- List seven random things about yourself
- I have a degree in Fashion Marketing
- I really enjoy true crime/mobster movies, documentaries, podcasts, etc.
- I wanted to be a professional surfer when I was a kid
- A salami and cheese sandwich is one of my all-time favorite comfort foods
- I am an enormous Harry Potter fan (Ravenclaw represent!)
- I went to Disney World for the first time when I was 26
- I feel uncomfortable if I don’t have a glass or bottle of water nearby
- Nominate (up to 15) other bloggers
- I only just recently discovered Life is For Living, but when I did I couldn’t believe how much me and Jen have in common! If you like my site, I’m fairly certain you’ll like hers, too. A self-proclaimed “former fatty,” Jen is all about healthy, simple living. She is also a fellow aspiring writer, foodie, personal finance nerd, compulsive list-maker and Ravenclaw! Be sure to check her out.
- (Please don’t feel pressured to reciprocate if you don’t want to or have done so before. I just wanted to let you know that I appreciate all of the hard work that you put into your writing.)